Chiropractic care is so much more than helping people with back pain. Chiropractors are nervous system experts. The nervous system is what tells everything else in your body how to function properly. Ongoing chiropractic care provides a healthy nervous system which in turns helps with the overall functioning and innate healing potential of the body. A child’s spine can lose its natural alignment and develop subluxations ( nerve interference) as early as birth . Injuries can occur to a baby’s spine at birth due to breech presentation or difficult delivery (like vacuum or forcep extraction) that puts too much stress on the child’s body.
Health problems in childhood have been traced back to spinal stress at birth. Toddlerhood and childhood can be very physical times from learning to walk to riding a bicycle. Falls and accidents are inevitable. Most falls may be minor, but they can cause spinal nerve damaging subluxations. Therefore, it is extremely important to have children of all ages have regular spinal checkups.
The following are some reasons parents may bring their child to a chiropractor:
- To maximize their child’s brain and nerve development.
- To enhance their child’s overall health and well-being.
- To strengthen immunity and reduce the incidence of colds, earaches and general illness.
- To help with colic and irritability.
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies.
- To improve spinal posture.
- To improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
- To assist with behavioral disorders and enhance emotional well-being.
- To help alleviate digestive problems.
- To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
Dr. Jessica has been happily treating families for over 18 years, and is a proud member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. She is also a CAPPA trained childbirth educator and certified in the Webster pregnancy technique.
Book your little one for a spinal check-up today https://pillar.janeapp.com/#staff_member/2
Reference: Dr. Jennifer Barham-Floreani https://welladjusted.co/parenting/why-parents-take-children-to-chiropractors/